You’ll learn a lot of skills when you’re preparing for a data analyst job. No matter the path you take – whether college, a bootcamp, self-directed learning – there’s one skill that tends to be the most lacking in new analysts.
Let’s cut right to the point – the main data analyst skill most NEW analysts struggle with the most is finding and addressing business problems. Let’s look at why this is and how you can do a better job at it.
When I say finding and addressing business problems is the biggest skill new analysts are lacking, it usually comes down to not knowing how to connect skills to problems.
💬 LET’S TALK
• Need some quick guidance? https://thecareerforce.com/quickhelp
• Analytics career coaching: https://thecareerforce.com/coaching
💡 RESOURCES FROM JEN
• Data Analyst eBook: https://thecareerforce.com/DA-book
• Business Analyst eBook: https://thecareerforce.com/BA-book
• Tableau training: https://thecareerforce.com/products/tableau-training/
• Think Like an Analyst training: http://thecareerforce.com/TLAA
• FREE analytics career quiz: http://bit.ly/TCFCareerQuiz
🧰 OTHER RESOURCES
Learn to Code*: https://thecareerforce.com/DataCamp
👋 CONNECT WITH ME
* This is an affiliate link. At no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. I only promote products I have investigated and feel deliver value.