Can a Business Analyst become a Data Analyst? Short answer – yes.
I’ll look at why a business analyst can become a data analyst and how someone can make this transition. We’ll look at training, skills, and how to take this business to data analyst career path.
If you’ve seen my video about business analyst vs data analyst roles, you’re already familiar with some of the differences between the jobs.
Business analysts analyze the organization, processes, systems, or a problem from a business lens. Data analytics is a portion of this work, but always as a means to an end. That is – a business analyst uses data to help support business decisions and changes.
Business Analyst vs Data Analyst – https://youtu.be/sdW3LsW2kNU
No Code Analytics – https://youtu.be/HyVomWsWbTA
0:00 Can a Business Analyst become a Data Analyst?
0:45 Business Analyst vs Data Analyst
2:53 Applying New Skills
4:09 Do people switch between BA and DA roles?
💬 LET’S TALK
• Need some quick guidance? https://thecareerforce.com/quickhelp
• Analytics career coaching: https://thecareerforce.com/coaching
💡 RESOURCES FROM JEN
• Data Analyst eBook: https://thecareerforce.com/DA-book
• Business Analyst eBook: https://thecareerforce.com/BA-book
• Tableau training: https://thecareerforce.com/products/tableau-training/
• Think Like an Analyst training: http://thecareerforce.com/TLAA
• FREE analytics career quiz: http://bit.ly/TCFCareerQuiz
🧰 OTHER RESOURCES
Learn to Code*: https://thecareerforce.com/DataCamp
👋 CONNECT WITH ME
* This is an affiliate link. At no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. I only promote products I have investigated and feel deliver value.